Internship (Kailua-Kona, HI or Remote)
Kona Equity HQ
Spring & Summer 2020, flexible
Kona Equity is the latest micro private equity firm and the first in Hawaii on the Big Island. We work with the growing cohort of founders who cannot take their company to the next level with the existing resources. Kona acquires luxury companies and drives incremental value across the portfolio fueling more growth and opportunity.
That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for someone who is good at wearing many hats. You will play a pivotal role in the identity of Kona Equity as we look to expand. We are looking for someone with a creative yet analytical approach to pipeline development through research, identification and cultivation.
What You’ll Be Working On:
- Conceptualize and implement the first business development program within the private equity practice to identify, engage and cultivate companies, creating a pipeline for strategic acquisitions.
- Craft a repeatable business development strategy and process by combining research, networking, and inbound and outbound marketing and calling to achieve leads and engagements for Kona Equity.
- Create and leverage proprietary industry analysis for content marketing
- Follow through to ensure targeted companies integrate into the Equity portfolio.
Reasons to Take This Internship:
- Gain experience helping build a private equity firm from the ground up. We are committed to giving our interns a great professional development opportunity, one they finish with valuable, real skills they can use in the future.
- Current eligible students can earn school credit.
- Credit on the website.
- Flexible schedule; options to work in-office and/or remotely.
- Free lunch at the office!
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Business Development Intern” in the email subject line. In the email, attach a resume and explain why you are interested in the position, what you hope to gain from the internship, and your availability (earliest possible start date and hours available per week).